Antulang : Love by the Cliff
Antulang Beach Resort is one of Negros Oriental’s prized tropical destinations. It has dramatic sunsets and a stunning seascape. Tucked in the southernmost tip of the province, Antulang has obvious advantage to offering its guests a restful experience, far away from the usual city clatter.
However, some travelers who have reviewed it find the resort unkempt, expensive and lacking the glitz factor. This is probably because they imagine resorts to always have cheap and bunk type accommodations, shops selling trinkets and souvenir shirts. They expect huge pool slides and beach parties at night. It is that concept of a resort where they can grill their favorite seafood and drink rhum while following a song played from a videoke machine.
Antulang is not for everyone. It is reserved for those seeking a peaceful beach experience like quiet walks on its shell cluttered sands and exclusive dinner by the cliff while you watch the sun sets on the horizon. Antulang realizes those fantasies of romantic retreats, of tight cuddles and whispers, of just letting time pass by unnoticed.
Perched on the rugged cliffs facing the Sulu Sea, Antulang Beach Resort is a sweet run off into an adoring paradise. It has a huge infinity pool where you can wade and bask under the Negros sun. The poolside bar offers a lovely view of the ocean while you enjoy your hot coffee, chilled wine or ice-cold beer. On its sprawling 10-hectare resort are fruit-bearing trees, manicured bushes and fresh blooms of gumamela where guests can jog around or explore its vastness on a horseback ride.
On its cliffsides are rustic, ocean-beaten pathways ideal for a languid walk while marveling at the powerful waves pounding against the sharp boulders. Along these hems are crevices veiled by twigs breaking from the rock walls perfect for quick quixotic moments. On the far end of the resort is the shallow part of the sea where guests can swim or just laze around on its ivory sand. Honestly, the beach is not of excellent quality but its tranquil atmosphere creates the entire drama.
What I like most about Antulang Beach Resort are its private villas and suites. Each villa is gated providing outmost privacy for its guests. The rooms are munificently spaced and laden with luxurious four-poster bed set-up. Its doors open to a private pool with the panorama of the sea, flawless for a romantic indulgence. The grand sweeping spaces of its suites highlight outdoor jacuzzis set amidst the rustic landscape with the mixed scents of frangipani flowers and crisp ocean breeze permeating in the air. At night, the poolside garden is transformed into an intimate lantern-lit dining venue. Sunken tables are set-up on mats filled with throw pillows creating a seductive ambience.
Antulang’s opulent treats come with a good cost but it is a luxury you would want to spend on. It is not only all about the price but the investment in experience. Antulang has a bucolic character that exudes romantic feelings set with simple aesthetics.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Nearest airport is in Dumaguete City. Check www.philippineairlines.com, www.cebupacificair.com, www.flyzest.net for tariff and schedule.
- Travel to Siaton, Negros Oriental (about 40 kms south of Dumaguete).
- It is recommended to arrange for airport transfer with the resort’s frontdesk. This saves you from the hassle of commuting via public transport.
By Boat or Bus
- If you are coming from anywhere Visayas or Mindanao, get yourself to Dumaguete either via RORO or fastcraft. Check www.schedules.ph for travel time.
- Dumaguete or Siaton may also be reached via Ceres Bus Lines and V-Hires from anywhere in Negros.
- Travel to Siaton. Take notice of the signage “To Antulang” just before Km 32.
- From the main highway, it is still about 10-kilometer drive inland.
Other Activities in the Resort
- Cruise along Tambobo Bay on their premium yacht, Annabellee.
- Diving. This part of Negros is one of the popular dive sites. Try a night dive and marvel at the luminous underworld.
- Snorkel, kayak or sail to nearby Apo Island.
- Rappelling on the jagged edges of Antulang.
- Borrow a book from its in-house library and chill on the hammock.
Antulang Beach Resort
Siaton, Negros Oriental, Philippines
+63 35 4222600 / +63 35 2258899
6087210413 (toll free us & Canada)
+63 9177002461/ +63 9173000112
Please follow and like us: