Agas-Agas Zipline : Superman Moment
- Posted by Potpot
- 4412 Views
- July 20th, 2013
- in Destinations, Philippines
- No Comments
Ziplining over Agas-Agas Bridge in Southern Leyte brings to life the metaphor, hanging by a thread. At a break-neck speed of about 160kph on an 880-meter suspended cable and flying above 377ft from the ground is a death slide! This is what thrill-seekers come for in this part of Eastern Visayas.
Situated in Barangay Kahupian in Sogod, Southern Leyte, Agas-Agas Bridge is now the tallest bridge in the country at 292 ft above sea level. It spans about 350 linear meters and serves an important connection between Visayas and those traveling to Mindanao via Liloan.
Zipline adventures anywhere in the world is always fun. Whether you are flying on treetops, between skyscrapers or crossing rivers, the adrenaline rush of being propelled by gravity on a pulley from end to end is exciting. But what makes Agas-Agas Zipline different is the incline. While most ziplines travel on a straight line, here the incline is overly steep, dashing in your Superman moment and seemingly landing with heads first. What makes it even more death defying is crossing the bridge with buses and trucks passing by as you fly without wings right over them.
Sogod was never a travel destination in the past. This small town landed in the news when series of landslides and floods hit it several years back. After the harrowing nightmare, Sogod is moving up as Leyte’s capital for extreme outdoor adventures. The Agas-Agas Adventure Park opened in April 2011 and working on to provide other attractions such as bungee jumping, downhill skate boarding, dirt road biking, rapelling and ATV riding.
The screams are endless in Agas-Agas. Its experience is liberating and beyond compare. This is truly your flight of fancy.
HOW TO GET THERE
Coming From Manila or Cebu
- Fly to Tacloban City. Check www.palexpress.com, www.cebupacific.com, www.flyzest.com for flight schedules and tariffs.
- You may also opt to sail to Leyte from Cebu.
Coming From Mindanao
- Buses regularly ply the Mindanao-Luzon route via Surigao on board RoRos. Check the internet references for updated schedules. Please consider providing extra waiting time for you to board the barge as the queue is usually long.
Going to Sogod
- Take the bus from Tacloban City to Sogod. Alight in Agas-Agas Bridge.
- Another option is to take the Maasin van from Tacloban but just alight in Mahaplag Junction, then take the habal-habal to Agas-Agas.
- It’s a 2-3 hour drive along Maharlika Highway.
- There are no accommodations in Agas-Agas Adventure Park. The nearest available hotels are in the town proper of Sogod. You may also opt to go back to Tacloban.
- There are no restaurants in the area, so better bring your own provisions.
- Bring cash because there are no nearby ATMs available.
Hello, I am PotpotNumber of Entries : 417
Betwixt and between the arthritic 40 and a horrendous body mass index of positive 30, escapism and yummyeology are my real-life double post-graduate degrees conferred with the highest honors. I lived nearly half of my life in fancy suitcases, jetsetting between reality and fantasy... read more
Leave a Comment