Catanauan in Quezon Province is probably still not within any tourist’s travel radar. But this small town along the coastal lines of Bondoc Peninsula has something lovely to offer. Set atop the rolling hill landscape of Sitio Paraiso in Brgy. Cutcutan is Catanauan Cove, an idyllic runaway resort for the weekend.
Space indulgence is what sets Catanauan Cove from other beach resorts. It is an 11-hectare residential resort property offering a fantastic rural flair but with modern comforts. It lies along the vast Tayabas Bay and hemmed in by a kilometer stretch of natural white sand. Unlike other, the resort’s conceptual developers worked around with tree lines, keeping the entire place breezy and relaxing with lush greens.
The accommodations are built with influences from Philippine Nipa Hut but it’s nothing short of the contemporary hotel conveniences like hot and cold shower, cable TV and comfortable beds. Each beachfront single-detached suite is properly spaced providing guests with well-deserved privacy. Mushroom-inspired cottages also spring everywhere giving guests a good shade while having a massage, reading a book or simply enjoying an afternoon cooler.
Catanauan Cove is also designed with beach sports facilities like beach volley and football for its active guests. It also offers ATV rides and horseback riding adventures in its hilly terrain. At sundown, nothing is much more perfect than to laze around on its infinity pool or wade on its jacuzzi while being treated to a firework-like horizon.
If you desire a resort that is quiet, simple and far from running on someone you probably know, Catanauan Cove is worth the experience.
+63 09193310476 / +632 8064152
(Rates Start at P2,000)
HOW TO GET THERE
From Manila (approximately 240 kms)
- Drive up to Lucena City via SLEX (exit at Sto. Tomas) passing through the towns of Sto. Tomas, Alaminos, San Pablo, Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya.
- At the crossing in Lucena, drive straight ahead to the road that leads to Bicol. At the end of the diversion road from the crossing is a junction (Talipan). Turn left and follow the road the will lead to Pagbilao.
- From Pagbilao Proper, it is about 15 kilometer drive to Malicboy Junction. From there, an arc that says Bondoc Peninsula. Turn right. It will lead to the towns of Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan.
- From the Pitogo-Gumaca junction, follow the way to Pitogo. Then straight ahead to Macalelon and Gen. Luna.
- From Gen. Luna, drive straight to the town of Catanuan. Before reaching the town proper, a signage will lead you to turn right to Catanauan Cove.
- Catanauan is the commercial hub of the 3rd District of Quezon. Chances are, what you may need can be found in the town. So there is no need to pack heavy.
- Visit the 17th-century Immaculate Conception Church at the town proper.
- Boling-Boling Festival, an annual merry-making is held a day before Ash Wednesday.
- Bring home the Catanauan Tapa. These are widely available in the market.
Please follow and like us: